Points we considered:
· why it is important to sign your work
· what your signature should consist of and why – first name /last name/initials/symbols/date
· the legibility and appropriateness of style of your signature
· how to sign your work ie. Brush, pen, chop, embosser, stylus, burn mark …
· dating your work
· record keeping and what other information you should be aware of
The disciplines covered ceramics, sculptures, oils, acrylics, watercolours, prints, collage, mixed media & photographs. We explored signing works on paper, canvas, illustration board, film, wood, clay, fabric and so on.
A great talk for all artists who are keen to assist in the future of art works as history, culture and heritage. Contact me for further information if you or your group is interested further.