Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Plant dyeing trials & tribulations - continued




These are from a new batch I created yesterday using copper sulphate instead of the weeknd batch where I used iron sulphate. Believe it of not thay have been dried and pressed.

The results on the handmade paper are very good. The results however on the Bristol paper I used in the same pot-boil are not good ... for grounds.  And though I love the images especially the rose leaf and the fuchsia flower the paper has not flattened enough for my liking.  Perhaps they will be fine for covers for small books.  I may dampen the Bristols and try pressing again.




 Fuchsia on Bristol paper



Rose leaves on Bristol paper



Gum leaves on Bristol paper



 Gum leaves on handmade paper


 Handmade paper


  
Handmade paper





No comments:

Visit my website too!

Visit my website too!
In-class illumination demonstration

Something about Gemma

My photo
Blackmans Bay, Tasmania, Australia
I am an Australian, a letter designer & calligrapher. I enjoy working with letters and grounds, teaching and mixing with like-minded people.

Followers

Blog Archive